You are here
- Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Research in the Lambert group is focused in the area of catalysis. We are especially interested in the development of novel catalytic strategies for selective organic synthesis. Projects that we have been active in include dehydrative reactions, enantioselective Bronsted base catalysis, and carbonyl-olefin metathesis. In approaching these and other problems, we strive to develop highly effective practical solutions while asking interesting questions of reactivity and mechanism. We bring both synthetic and physical organic techniques to bear on answering these questions as we work to develop catalyst systems of practical value for the field of organic synthesis.
- Reductive Electrophotocatalysis: Merging Electricity and Light to Achieve Extreme Reduction Potentials. Kim, H.; Kim, H.; Lambert, T. H.; Lin, S. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142, ASAP.
- Electrophotocatalytic C–H Functionalization of Ethers with High Regioselectivity. Huang, H.; Strater, Z. M.; Lambert, T. H. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142, ASAP.
- Room Temperature, Base-Free SNAr Reactions with Unactivated Aryl Fluorides. Huang, H.; Lambert, T. H. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 658-662.
- Synthesis of 2H-Chromenes via Hydrazine-Catalyzed Ring-Closing Carbonyl-Olefin Metathesis. Zhang, Y.; Jermaks, J.; MacMillan, S. N.; Lambert, T. H. ACS Catal. 2019, 9, 9259-9264.
- Electrophotocatalysis with a Trisaminocyclopropenium Radical Dication. Huang, H.; Strater, Z. M.; Rauch, M.; Shee, J.; Sisto, T. J.; Nuckolls, C.; Lambert, T. H. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 13318-13322.
- Controlled Cationic Polymerization: Single-Component Initiation Under Ambient Conditions. Kottisch, V.; O’Leary, J. M.; Michaudel, Q.; Stache, E.; Lambert, T. H.; Fors, B. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 10605-10609.
- Asymmetric Induction via a Helically Chiral Anion: Enantioselective PCCP Brønsted Acid-catalyzed Inverse Electron-Demand Diels-Alder Cycloaddition of Oxocarbenium Ions. Gheewala, C. D.; Hirschi, J. S.; Wang, W.-H.; Paley, D. W.; Vetticatt, M.; Lambert, T. H. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 3523-3527.
- An Aromatic Ion Platform for Enantioselective Brønsted Acid Catalysis. Gheewala, C. D.; Collins, B. E.; Lambert, T. H. Science 2016, 351, 961-965.